Archives and Records Analyst13 Sep 2018
Archives and Records Analyst(s)
3-month Term, Full-time (two positions)
The Musqueam people have lived in our present location for thousands of years. Our traditional territory once occupied much of what is now Vancouver and surrounding areas. The name Musqueam relates back to the River Grass, the name of the grass is məθkʷəy̓. There is a story that has been passed on from generation to generation that explains how we became known as the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) – People of the River Grass. Although a metropolitan city has developed in the heart of Musqueam territory, our community maintains strong cultural and traditional beliefs. Today our population flourishes and we are a strong community of over thousand members. To learn more about Musqueam, please visit www.musqueam.bc.ca.
Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is seeking two Archives and Records Analysts for a three-month term. These positions will be responsible in assisting the Senior Archivist in the maintenance and access of records.
- Analyze and review inventory records held on and off site as required
- Capture relevant metadata as required
- Identify relevant records for litigation
- Cross reference files in relation to projects
- Perform related duties as required
Qualification and Skills
- Diploma Program in Business Administration or Records Management with 3+ years of related experience
- Strong experience in conducting research and analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful and effective relationships
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and handle shifting priorities
- Strong skills in MS Office software and Adobe Acrobat
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to maintain a high standard of repetitive tasks
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
and reference “Archives Assistant” in the subject line.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.