MCRC Community Engagement Summer 2020
In August 2020, the Musqueam Community Rental Complex (MCRC) Project Team presented three different site concept strategies and our recommendation for the site. We asked community for feedback on the concepts, including project height and density, building amenities and how we want to represent Musqueam culture throughout the complex. The survey was open from August 20 – September 7, 2020. Feedback helped inform MIB Chief and Council in deciding which project site to move forward with. Watch the first presentation video to hear an introduction about the project and information on this stage of the design.
There were two ways to learn about the site concepts:
- Online Survey
- While completing the online survey, there were video links to pre-recorded presentations by Ouri Scott, the project’s architect
- All information was available on the Musqueam website
- Information Session – Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 6pm
- Presentation from Ouri Scott, project architect
- Q&A and support to complete the survey
Once the community survey is analyzed and reported back to Chief and Council, we will move into the schematic design phase. The plan is to submit for a development permit in late fall 2020, with construction starting in spring 2021. Members will move into their new homes in spring 2023.
We are planning for more information sessions and more resources for community members to learn about this project.
For an overview of the project, take a look at the info package sent to all member households last summer.