We hope that everyone is taking care and keeping safe. During these challenging times, Chief and Council and Administration are working together to ensure that our community is prepared and supported.
The Emergency Response Team continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation. We are regularly communicating with health professionals, accessing all available resources, and receiving real-time updates from the provincial and federal government to ensure our response is well coordinated. We are connecting with community and making best efforts to ensure that all MIB Members (wherever you live) have access to information, practical supports, and resources that are timely, accurate, and relevant.
To date, key actions include:
- Checkpoints set up at reserve entry points to limit traffic to locals only, and everyone is reminded to practice physical distancing and take necessary precautions if you must be out in the community.
- Video messages to community from Chief Wayne Sparrow and Councillor Howard Grant about MIB’s emergency response and our collective responsibility to reduce risks
- Frequent communication regarding COVID prevention, safety, and resources is shared with community members through posters, Facebook, MIB website, door-to-door, mail outs, emails
- Ongoing outreach to Elders to ensure they have what they need and feel supported
- Easter dividend was distributed early to help financially support Members
- Disbursements of income assistance, living allowances for post-secondary students, and other supports have been shifted to direct deposit or mailed cheques (wherever possible)
- Essential food kits a fresh produce were delivered to all Musqueam households on IR #2
- Outreach to members living outside of IR #2 through social media and MIB website, and a grocery gift card or delivery of an essential food kit is available by request (one per household)
- Essential home care is still being provided for those with urgent needs
- Primary Care Clinic consultations are still available by phone during regular hours
- MIB’s counsellors are available to provide support by telephone (hours and contact information attached)
- t̕ᶿχʷecsəm (Wash Your Hands) video created by our Language and Culture department
Do you have questions about COVID-19?
Email [email protected] to contact the Emergency Response Team. All Members are encouraged to reach out if they need support. Stay home, stay safe, and support one another!
This website and Musqueam Bulletins/News Facebook page will continue to be updated with the most current information. Please check back regularly and share information with other community members.
We are all responsible for reducing pathways for COVID-19.
EVERYONE must continue to stay at home as much as possible and practice physical distancing.
Below are resources for supporting yourself and others during the COVID-19 pandemic. More resources will be posted as they are made available.
Video Messages from Chief and Council
Taking Care of Your Wellness
Continue to take care of your mental and physical wellness during this time of uncertainty.
Articles about grief and loss during COVID
Resources for young people
Credible Sources for COVID-19 Information and Government Updates
- BC’s COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool
- BC Centre for Disease Control info on COVID-19
- BC Government: support and information on COVID-19
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 information
- Vancouver Coastal Health COVID19 updates
- City of Vancouver: COVID-19 Information