We need to keep each other safe from COVID-19.
Musqueam continues to have no cases of COVID-19 in our community. But cases are rising all over the province, and especially in Vancouver.
As of Thursday August 27, 2020, there are:
- over 900 active cases of COVID-19 in British Columbia
- 412 active cases within the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) region (the health authority that provides services to Vancouver)
COVID-19 Case on Capilano IR 5
Yesterday, Squamish Nation confirmed a COVID-19 case on Capilano IR 5 in West Vancouver. Today, seven additional cases are confirmed. This virus has never been closer to home, and we send our best wishes to our Squamish cousins for a safe and speedy recovery.
There is no need to panic. Anyone that came into contact with the patient will be contacted by health officials and instructed what actions to take.
As a community, we need to protect each other from COVID-19.
Please continue to follow and promote public health guidelines, including:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Keep your social bubble small and consistent
- Wash your hands regularly
- Physically distance from people outside your social bubble
- Wear a mask when physical distancing isn’t possible
Utilizing MIB Facilities during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the outdoor spaces located next to administration facilities are temporarily unavailable for use. If you require the use of an MIB facility email [email protected] or call reception 604-263-3261.
Public Exposure Alerts
When health regions issue public exposure alerts, the alerts are specific to the location, date and time of potential exposure. Alerts are posted on the BC Centre for Disease Control and health authority websites, providing details on where the potential exposure occurred and what actions to take – whether you need to self-isolate, or monitor for symptoms.
With the rising number of cases in BC, it is everyone’s individual responsibility to check local advisories. Please monitor for symptoms if you visited the location on the specified dates and times. There is no known risk to anyone who attended any listed locations outside of the specified dates.
- BCCDC COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- BCCDC COVID-19 Public Exposures webpage
- BC Government response to COVID-19
- Vancouver Coastal Health COVID-19 webpage
- First Nations Health Authority COVID-19 webpage
- Vancouver School Board COVID-19 updates à BC Ministry of Education released it’s Back to School Plan this week