Musqueam Recreation delivers passive and active recreation opportunities to community members of all ages, including:
- providing access to the Musqueam Community Centre 79 hours a week
- creating recreation opportunities through building relationships with First Nations, organizations, and sport bodies
- supporting events that bring our community members together
- supporting Musqueam culture and language through recreation
- much more!
Musqueam Fitness Centre
Musqueam Fitness Centre is located in the Musqueam Community Centre and has cardio and weight equipment. The area is open for use by Musqueam band members, their immediate family living on reserve, community members and staff.
The goal of Musqueam Fitness Centre is to provide a safe, welcoming and supervised space for community members and staff to improve their physical wellness.
|Monday – Friday||9:00am – 9:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00am – 5:00pm|
Updated on February 16, 2022
After taking into consideration new provincial health orders and our situation as a community, the following up dates have been made to the Fitness Area safety plan:
- 4 people at a time (up from 2 people)
- 1 hour pre-booked sessions (up from 45 minutes)
- Masks MUST be worn at all times
- Vaccination required: QR Vaccine Code must be scanned when you check in.
- Please bring your own full water bottle
- Clean every surface after you touch it.
Thank you all for continuing your efforts to keep the community safe and to keep the Fitness Area operating safely. Your efforts have been amazing thus far and we are certain we can continue to navigate this pandemic together effectively.
What to know before you arrive:
- Sessions are pre-booked online
- 60-minutes sessions starting on the hour
- One session per day, per person
- 4-person maximum per session
- Users must be fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination
- Enter through the rear door facing the smokehouse.
- Please only book if you are certain you can attend, or cancel appointments if you are unable to attend.
What to know while at the fitness centre:
- Masks worn at all times, including entering the building
- Users MUST wipe down everything they touch (weights included)
- No water fill stations will be provided; bring your own water bottle.
- Access to other parts of the building is not permitted (only adjacent washrooms)
Please show our staff respect by following the COVID-19 guidelines in place to protect our community. Failure to comply with any of the above safety measures will result in suspension of fitness centre privileges for seven days.
Musqueam Fitness Centre has moved to an online booking system!
How to book:
- Click here to visit online booking (http://musqueamrec.simplybook.me)
- Click “Book now” and select a date and time
- Create a user account (so you can view your bookings)
- Once you submit a booking request, their is an approval period before you receive an email or text message confirmation.
Bookings are only for a single gym user.
Please note, by agreeing to the terms of booking on the website you are agreeing to follow all safety regulations and that if you fail to do so your fitness centre privileges may be suspended.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or text 604-781-1470
Contact Musqueam Recreation
Musqueam Recreation Facebook Group
Courtenay Gibson, Manager
Gordon Grant, Senior Program Coordinator
Robyn Sparrow, Assistant