The Musqueam health department continues to strive to keep the COVID-19 virus from entering our community.
We thank community members for doing your part by staying home, only going out for essentials, and frequently cleaning your environment and washing your hands.
The Musqueam Primary Care Clinic is OPEN for telehealth appointments with patients of the clinic. Call 604-266-0048 to make an appointment.
The Musqueam Clinic can now test for COVID-19. If you have COVID-19 symptoms DO NOT SHOW UP UNEXPECTEDLY TO THE CLINIC for testing.
3 STEPS TO DO BEFORE BEING ELIGIBLE FOR TESTING:
- Complete the ONLINE COVID-19 SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOL to determine if you need to be tested.
- CALL THE COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE (604-362-9200) and she will do an assessment over the phone. If testing is needed, you will be contacted with a time and place for you to be tested away from other patients and staff.
- CALL HEALTHLINK BC (811) if you need to speak with someone outside of clinic hours or are unable to reach the Nurse.
Masks will be required during testing. You will be asked to wear a mask, and healthcare personnel will wear personal protective equipment. This is to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
REPORT SYMPTOMS AND POTENTIAL EXPOSURE
Please call to report potential exposure to COVID-19 and immediately self-isolate for 14 days.
This includes if you feel ill with mild symptoms, have returned home from ANY recent travel, or were recently in the hospital.
Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 that can appear up to 14 days after being exposed to the virus. Symptoms are similar to other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold.
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
ALL illness symptoms MUST be reported to the MIB Community Health Nurse: 604-362-9200
URGENT OR EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT VISITS
Hospitals have additional measures in place to maintain safety for patients and prevent spread of the virus. If you need urgent or emergency care during this pandemic, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
MIB COVID-19 info line: 604-269-3444
MIB COVID-19 email: [email protected]
Musqueam Primary Care Clinic: 604-266-0048
MIB Community Health Nurse: 604-362-9200
HealthLink BC: 811