A message from the Musqueam Health Department
COVID-19 cases in BC this week
386 Active COVID-19 cases in BC
11 people in hospital; 4 in ICU
August 4th — 4 reporting periods for BC Day Long Weekend — 146 cases
- 31 cases in Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) region
August 5th — 47 cases
- 13 cases in VCH region
August 6th — 47 cases
- 11 cases in VCH region
August 7th — 53 cases
- 24 cases in VCH region
A large portion of the new cases in the Vancouver Coastal Health region are attributed to house parties, overlapping social circles and unsafe social gatherings.
45 COVID-19 cases are related to one house party over the long weekend in the VCH region, and over 400 people are in isolation because they came into contact with those that tested positive from the party. There are currently 1,518 people in self isolation in BC.
- Fewer faces, Bigger spaces; If you are sick, stay home!
- Keep gatherings small and only include people you know; maximum of 6 per group
- Stay away from closed spaces, crowds, and close contact with strangers
- Use layers of protection to keep yourselves and families safe (masks, hand hygiene, avoid touching your face—> especially eyes, nose, and mouth)
Health Department Contacts
Musqueam Primary Care Clinic — 604-266-0043
MIB Community Health Nurse — 604-362-9200
HealthLink BC — 8-1-1
Contact the MIB Health Department to report potential COVID-19 exposure and immediately
isolate. This includes if you feel ill with mild symptoms or have returned home from recent travel.