We have an immediate opportunity for casual employment for:
• Safe Home Workers You must be available to work a variety of shifts in the evenings, graveyard and weekends providing a secure and safe environment within the home
Other ongoing areas for casual employees include:
• Administrative Services – strong administrative and computer skills needed for future assignments for clerical, receptionist and administrative positions
• Recreation – (Qualified candidates must be willing to attend a ½ day training/orientation session)
• Safety Patrol Night Shift – Women are encouraged to apply. Summer students come train and work in your community this summer. (Qualified candidates must be willing to attend a ½ day training/orientation session)
• Youth Centre – looking for role models in the community to cover shifts
• Community Notice Delivery (Great opportunity for students. You must be 16 years of age or older)
• Child Care/Daycare – looking for candidates with a love for kids
• Drivers – MIB Community Bus – We are seeking drivers who have a Valid Class 4 Unrestricted or higher B.C Driver’s License and a clean driving record to drive on a casual basis for events, outings, and other bookings. Drivers should have knowledge of Vancouver and surrounding areas and be able to work well with various groups. Please submit a copy of your driver’s license.
• Homemaker – house cleaning, light meal preparation for elders as needed
• MIB Cigarette Shop – we are looking for community member with great customer service skills and cash management to work shifts
Persons wishing to be considered for casual work should submit an application to Human Resources. Those who have submitted applications recently only reapply if your contact information has changed. All applications must include particulars with their current contact information, availability and areas of interest for work opportunities and any related experience.
To maintain eligibility on the Casual List please update your resume, availability and contact information on an ongoing basis or at a minimum every 6 months.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and position reference to Musqueam Indian Band, Human Resources e-mail: [email protected] or a form can be obtained and submitted at the Band Office Reception Desk, 6735 Salish Drive, Vancouver, BC, V6N 4C4.
APPLICANTS WITH RELEVANT TRAINING & EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED WHEN WE HAVE A SUITABLE OPENING. ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS A CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK.