Flex Schedule Full-time
The Musqueam people have lived in our present location for thousands of years. Our traditional territory once occupied much of what is now Vancouver and surrounding areas. The name Musqueam relates back to the flowering plant, məθkʷəy̓, which grows in the Fraser River estuary. There is a story that has been passed on from generation to generation that explains how we became known as the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) – People of the məθkʷəy̓ plant. Although a metropolitan city has developed in the heart of Musqueam territory, our community maintains strong cultural and traditional beliefs. Today our population flourishes and we are a strong community of over thousand members. To learn more about Musqueam, please visit www.musqueam.bc.ca.
Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is seeking a Committee Clerk. Reporting to the Office Supervisor, this position is responsible for the providing administrative support for the Band Administration’s Committees and other general office administrative duties as needed. The Committee Clerk will work closely with the Executive Assistant and the Council Clerk.
- · Prepare pre-meeting documents/kits, attend meetings, record minutes, and prepare follow-up documents within required deadlines for the committees
- · Assist with compiling kits for the MIB C&C meetings with the Council Clerk
- · Prepare/transcribe minutes and assist with agendas, notices, and follow-up correspondence as required
- · Assist with communication and updates regarding meetings and briefings as required
- · Cover for the Secretary to Chief & Council for back up and vacation relief
- Arranges snacks for the meetings with the MIB Administrative Assistant
- · Maintain attendance of Committee members
- · Arrange committee honorariums for community members when they have attended a committee meeting
- · Assist with external meeting set up when needed
- · Provide reception relief and other administrative support as needed and as time permits
Qualifications and Skills
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role, post-secondary education in office administration and or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order
- Familiarity with First Nations governance is an asset
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Availability to work a minimum of four evenings a month and flexibility to work variable hours for Committee support, including some weekend work
- Successful criminal record check
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
and reference “Committee Clerk” in the subject line.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.