Employment and Training
Data Entry Clerk
The Musqueam people have lived in our present location for thousands of years. Our traditional territory once occupied much of what is now Vancouver and surrounding areas. The name Musqueam relates back to the River Grass, the name of the grass is məθkʷəy̓. There is a story that has been passed on from generation to generation that explains how we became known as the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) – People of the River Grass. Although a metropolitan city has developed in the heart of Musqueam territory, our community maintains strong cultural and traditional beliefs. Today our population flourishes and we are a strong community of over thousand members. To learn more about Musqueam, please visit www.musqueam.bc.ca.
The Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is looking for an Employment & Training Data Entry Clerk who will provide administration support to the Employment & Training Department. The Employment & Training Data Entry Clerk operates the departmental filing system, orders supplies, and performs administrative support duties. The Employment & Training Data Entry Clerk is also expected to work closely with the Musqueam Indian Band Administration internal departments to secure employment and training opportunities for unemployed community members.
- Interacts with Band members, outside agencies and contractors on behalf of the Employment & Training Manager to ensure accuracy of information on required forms and/or to gather information necessary for the Employment & Training Programs’
- Assists the Employment & Training Manager by arranging meetings, handling incoming calls and correspondence, maintaining the departmental filing system, computer data entry using Accountability Management System (ARMS), assisting in the development of reports, and other similar support
- Work directly with community members to define personal employment goals, create job action plans, resume writing, prepares applications and interview materials. Provides guidance to clients on pre-employment and employment training
- Collaborate with clients to assess skills and
- Assist clients with referrals to other organizations and
- Assist with monitoring financial and administrative
- Actively participate in relevant seminars, conferences, and
- Prepare agreements, cheque requisitions and obtain necessary
- Monitors contractual agreements and
- Provide ongoing support to the Employment & Training Manager on special projects and other duties.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, band members, and outside
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skill and knowledge usually attained by successful completion of Secondary School, and a business administration program certificate; or an equivalent combination of skill, knowledge, and
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in dealing with sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to maintain
- Ability to type; maintain an office file system; and operate standard office computers and related
- Ability to drive and provide a licensed vehicle for work
- Valid BC Driver’s License