Part-time Casual (5 hour/day, 5 days/week)
Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is seeking three Home Care Attendants. Under the direction of the Home Care Nurse Supervisor, the Home Care Attendant assists clients with the activities of daily living to promote maximum independence, provides personal care and performs housekeeping and home management activities.
- Provides personal care to clients including bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, and hair care
- Assists with lifts and transfers
- Assists with medication as ordered; records medication and treatment in communication book
- Performs simple treatments and non-sterile dressing changes
- Observes the behavior, appearance and condition of the client and reports changes to the Home Care Nurse in order to maintain a safe and supportive environment
- Provides written reports as required
- Schedules and co-ordinates client bathing
- Attends training and development and staff meetings as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of Home Care Attendant Certification, First Aid and CPR Level 1 Certificates, covering infants and adults or an equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
- Knowledge of geriatric issues and behaviour
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required (driving may be required)
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected] and reference “Casual Home Care Attendant” in the subject line.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.