Musqueam Indian Band
The Project Analyst will report to the Associate Director of the Title & Rights Service Group and will serve as an integral part of the Title & Rights and Intergovernmental Affairs team. The Project Analyst will seek and provide advice, will develop and maintain relationships primarily with BC Hydro and other non-governmental institutions and organizations. The Project Analyst is responsible for acting as the primary contact with BC Hydro as delegated by the Associate Director and provides support, internally and externally, on a wide range of issues, including projects that may impact Musqueam interests. The Project Analyst is responsible for reviewing and assessing incoming BC Hydro referrals and facilitates project files by disseminating information and acting as one of the main points of contact and will take on other duties as required.
- Serve as the primary contact between Musqueam and BC Hydro;
- Facilitate an effective working relationship between Musqueam and BC Hydro;
- Review and analyze incoming referrals and identify priorities related to Musqueam interests;
- Identify key members within Musqueam and ensure all information is received as disseminated and that timelines are clearly indicated;
- Organize meetings, agendas and meeting minutes
- Establish and coordinate communications and logistics between parties with respect to activities related to implementing agreements;
- Coordinate and support Musqueam activities as contemplated in agreements for BC Hydro and other related projects, including the management of the capacity funding;
- Coordinate communications to optimize commitments made under the BC Hydro relationship agreement
- Provide analysis and advice to senior management and Chief and Council, including the Joint Working Groups and managing the workplan and administrative matters related to the agreement
- Identify issues where agreement cannot be reached and must be referred to the principals
- Establish and maintain positive communication and relationships, other departments and partners to ensure interests and expectations are identified and responded to;
- Lead or participate in sub-meetings related to large and BC Hydro – specific projects in order to coordinate information for multiple departments across the organization; follow up, develop responses, collect, and disseminate information.
- At the request of management and/or IGA Divisional Lead /Associate Director, or at own discretion, prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of:
- Correspondence for management, IGA Committee, and/or Chief and Council
- Briefing materials for the IGA Divisional Lead /Associate Director, Chief and Council, Committees of Council (Intergovernmental Affairs Committee), working groups, and senior management. This material may include researching issues and ensuring prepared responses are consistent with Musqueam First Nation policy and direction;
- Manage timelines and deliverables; and
- Other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in planning, business, environmental studies or other related degree;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a closely related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong understanding of Indigenous history and politics in Canada and British Columbia;
- Cultural competency and knowledge of Musqueam culture and interests;
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of project management methods and skills;
- Exceptional communicator with excellent writing skills;
- Ability to be discrete, and use tact and good judgment;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/project in accordance with stated deadlines; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The work is performed in an office environment
Why work for Musqueam?
- Training and career development
- Business casual office
- Community fitness and gym access
- Comprehensive group benefits plan and pension plan
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include “Projects Analyst” on the subject line.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short listed will be contacted.