School Bus Supervisor
The Musqueam people have lived in our present location for thousands of years. Our traditional territory once occupied much of what is now Vancouver and surrounding areas. The name Musqueam relates back to the flowering plant, məθkʷəy̓, which grows in the Fraser River estuary. There is a story that has been passed on from generation to generation that explains how we became known as the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) – People of the məθkʷəy̓ plant. Although a metropolitan city has developed in the heart of Musqueam territory, our community maintains strong cultural and traditional beliefs. Today our population flourishes and we are a strong community of over thousand members. To learn more about Musqueam, please visit www.musqueam.bc.ca.
Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is seeking a School Bus Supervisor. Reporting to the Education Manager, the School Bus Supervisor provides supervision of all students while on the Musqueam Indian Band School Bus.
· Supervise children age 5-9 to and from school (Monday to Friday)
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment on bus
- Act as a positive role model and influence for schoolchildren and the community
- Prevent bullying and other acts
- Liaise with bus driver and schools to ensure all children are accounted for and not left behind
- Ensures the health and safety of all children
- Performs other duties as required
Qualification and Skills
- Experience working with children and/or related field and experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in an independent and flexible environment
- Cultural competency and knowledge of the Musqueam’s cultural traditions is preferred
- Work is performed in an outdoor environment
- May be required to work flexible hours
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
and reference “School Bus Supervisor” in the subject line.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.