Tenant Relations Clerk
The Musqueam people have lived in our present location for thousands of years. Our traditional territory once occupied much of what is now Vancouver and surrounding areas. The name Musqueam relates back to the River Grass, the name of the grass is məθkʷəy̓. There is a story that has been passed on from generation to generation that explains how we became known as the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) – People of the River Grass. Although a metropolitan city has developed in the heart of Musqueam territory, our community maintains strong cultural and traditional beliefs. Today our population flourishes and we are a strong community of over thousand members. To learn more about Musqueam, please visit www.musqueam.bc.ca.
Musqueam Indian Band (Musqueam) is seeking a Tenant Relations Clerk. Reporting to the Housing Manager, the Tenant Relations Clerk will assist in the administration of the housing at Musqueam Indian Band. The Tenant Relations Clerk will set up workshops for tenants, assist the admin clerk with rent review, and assist with tenant tasks and admin duties. The
- Greet clients and visitors and direct them to the appropriate contacts or services
- Assist with clerical and administrative duties, which include filing, distributing outgoing/incoming correspondence
- Process Equalization Program Repair requests; conduct research, answer questions and provide information regarding the Equalization Program to the Musqueam Indian Band members
- Schedules inspections as required
- Schedules contractors and contract employees as required.
- Provide front desk coverage, including greeting clients and visitors and directing them to the appropriate contacts
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls, take messages and provide information to clients and visitor as required
- Assist with preparing and maintaining documents and templates
- Work in collaboration with Housing Staff to ensure that Data Entry for Asset Management is complete and up to date
- Assist to ensure home inspections take place with proper notice and coordinate contractors
- Assist with preparing notes and making sure documents are in place for LCH Standing Committee meetings
- Learn about and be engaged in Housing Department policy and program development
- Participate in special projects and learning/development opportunities as they arise
- Sets up Equalization Program meeting and records minutes of the meeting as required
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Band members, co-workers and outside agencies.
Qualification and Skills
- High school diploma, with courses in business/ office management and/or construction/building maintenance trades; or an equivalent combination of skill, knowledge, and experience;
- Experience working in an office environment
- Good working knowledge of computers, and typing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must understand and respect the nature of confidential and privileged information
- Willing to learn new skills and concepts and have the ability to apply the learning
- Knowledge and experience of similar program delivery in the context of Musqueam or First Nations culture is an asset
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity and experience with workplace technology, i.e. computers, Microsoft Office, communications equipment, business software
- Knowledge of housing construction methods and material
- Ability to use tact and good judgement in dealing with sensitive and complex issues
- Ability to drive and provide a licensed vehicle for work purposes
- Work is performed in an office environment and periodically in the community
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
and reference Tenant Relations Clerk” in the subject line.
Applicants of Musqueam and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Please self-identify when applying.
Position will remain open until filled.
* We thank all those who apply, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.