Musqueam has applied for enhanced funding from Indigenous Services Canada to support our Emergency Response to COVID-19. While we have yet to receive funds, we have been advised that the goal is to flow monies to First Nations as quickly as possible.
These funds must be allocated according to specific criteria. Funds cannot be used for general distribution to Members.
Examples of eligible costs include:
- MIB COVID-19 Emergency Management
- activating pandemic plans, aligning MIB’s response efforts with scientific evidence (as determined by a medical officer of health)
- purchasing personal protection equipment for emergency response team and/or health care professionals
- repurposing community buildings for medical care, isolation sites, and storage space if/as needed
- COVID-19 Emergency/Disaster Supplement
- Targeted funds available to respond to specific needs of families who are eligible for income assistance, disability assistance, medical services or hardship assistance.
- Eligibility is determined according to criteria set out by the federal and provincial governments.
In addition, the federal government has announced that a new Indigenous Community Support Fund is being activated. Details are not available, however MIB will pursue this emergency support, as well.
Our Emergency Response Team continues to strategically coordinate across the Administration to ensure that critical needs of our Membership are identified and addressed as soon as possible.
If you require assistance with essential supplies or critical needs, please do not hesitate to call 604-269-3444 or email [email protected]. We will do our very best to support you.