Notice of Musqueam membership distribution
The annual Christmas Musqueam membership distribution and dividend will be released on Monday, November 30, 2020. Musqueam’s administration office remains closed due to COVID-19, and distribution cheques will not be available for pick up at the band office this year. Instead, members can choose to have distribution directly deposited into their accounts, or have their cheques delivered or mailed.
The Musqueam Chief and Council election is also on November 30, so make sure to submit your forms for distribution and plan to vote! The official list of nominees will be released soon, and members are encouraged to vote by mail to help stop the spread of COVID-19 on election day. Request a mail-in voting package early in anticipation of delays in mail service. Members can also vote in person at the Musqueam Community Centre on November 30. Physical distancing and COVID-19 safety measures will be strictly enforced.
Ways to receive your distribution
There will be NO option to pick up cheques at the band office this year. Instead, members can specify on the authorization form how they would like to receive their distribution. There are three ways:
- Complete an authorization form (see below).
- If your banking info hasn’t changed, no need to re-submit it.
- Attach banking information if you haven’t sent us your banking info in the past, or your banking info has changed since the last direct deposit from MIB,
- Attach a blank cheque with VOID written on it, or other direct deposit account information from your financial institution.
On reserve delivery
- Cheques will be delivered on November 30 to addresses on the authorization form.
- Cheques will be mailed on November 30 to addresses on the authorization form.
Distribution authorization forms
Authorization forms were delivered on reserve and emailed to members who have authorized emails from MIB Membership.
The distribution and dividend forms are updated. If you did not receive an authorization form, please contact Krista or Jocelyn (contact information at the bottom of the page).
To obtain distribution, members must complete and return:
FORM A: AUTHORIZATION
Completed by any Musqueam member or Guardians (aged 19 or over) who would like to make alternative arrangements for payment delivery.
FORM B: GUARDIAN AKNOWLEDGMENT – CHILDREN’S PROPERTY
Both sides of Form B are required to be completed by the guardians for all minors (under 19 years of age). Sign both form A and form B.
Completing and submitting authorization forms
There are three ways to complete and submit your forms:
- The forms are fillable PDFs. This means you can fill it out right on your computer and submit through email to Krista Point at [email protected]
- Take a photo with your phone and email to Krista Point at [email protected]
- Option 1 and 2 are preferred, but you can also drop off the physical form on Monday, November 30th (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM) at the Band Office
- There will be drop off boxes outside the Band Office entrance door
- Maintain strict distance protocol of at least 6 feet or 2 meters from any individual(s)
- We stress, do not come in contact with anyone
Musqueam Membership Contacts
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact Krista Point, Distribution Clerk ([email protected]) or Jocelyn Campbell-Axson (Josh), Membership Registrar ([email protected]). Call 604-263-3261 to reach either of them.
Help us help you!
We are doing the best we can to make this possible during COVID-19 with a limited staff and the administration office closed. Please help spread the word to family and friends about this process!
If your contact information has changed or we don’t have it on file, send us a completed contact info update form.
Above all, stay safe and practice social distancing and self-isolate as much as possible.
hay čxʷ q̓ə