The best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are to:
- wash your hands often with soap for 20-seconds
- disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
- wear a mask when you are in public spaces and cannot maintain a safe physical distance
- stay home if you are feeling sick
- maintain physical distance from people outside of your bubble (keep at least a 2 metre distance/6 to 10 feet from everyone)
Musqueam Values during COVID-19
In challenging times, it is important for us, as Musqueam people, to turn to our community values and shared vision for our future. This is especially true now, while the world responds to the very serious threat of COVID-19 and we work to keep all of Musqueam safe.
As a close-knit community with a vulnerable population, we must follow public health regulations to ensure a bright future for generations to come. We must also be guided by the wisdom and teachings of our Elders and ancestors, and remember that our individual actions will impact our community around us.
Staying Safe & Protecting Each Other
We are in the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in BC, along with the regular cold and flu season. It is time we regroup, prepare and refocus our efforts to keep the number of new cases low and slow. This means using our layers of protection (see below image) and making them a part of our daily lives.
If you notice symptoms, please isolate and get tested. Symptoms include:
- Cough, or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Loss of smell
Visit the BCCDC’s website for a full list of symptoms. If you live on reserve and are experiencing symptoms, please call the Community Health Nurse at 604-362-9200.