The Title & Rights Division includes four departments that serve to protect and implement Musqueam’s inherent rights, as outlined in the Musqueam Declaration (1976) and affirmed in the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (2007).
Title & Rights Departments
Title & Rights Division Mandates
- Protection and recognition of Musqueam title, rights and interests in Musqueam territory
- Implementing Musqueam inherent jurisdiction and rights in Musqueam territory
- Negotiation as the chosen means for reconciling Musqueam rights
- Ensuring Musqueam’s free, prior and informed consent (FPIC) on projects within Musqueam territory
- Ensuring meaningful engagement with Musqueam in consultation and accommodation