What We Do
The Musqueam Education Department strives to make a positive difference in the lives of our students. Wherever possible, we integrate Musqueam culture into our programs. We are committed to supporting, teaching, and caring for a diverse group of children, who in turn will learn, reflect, and care for themselves and others as they prepare for their futures. As a department, we are responsible for many important roles, including:
Administering elementary, high school, and post- secondary education, which involves:
Assisting with school placements:
- Arranging tuition for elementary, high school, post-secondary education
- Liaising between elementary, secondary, and post-secondary institutions
- Liaising with the Vancouver School Board, First Nations Education Steering Committee and other organizations
- Meeting and advising students, cheque processing, daily administrative tasks
- Liaising with First Nations support workers
- Providing support to students and parents and liaising between schools and parents
- Tutors for elementary and high school
- Address the learning needs of each unique individual
- Inspire participation in our youths’ education
Find the latest news from the education department on the MIB Blog.
Current Resources for Musqueam Students and Parents
Musqueam Education Department Student Awards
Awards are now available for Musqueam high school students!
Grade 12 graduates
Grade 8 – 11 students
The top academic student in each grade will receive an award. Please submit your final report card to the education department.
Musqueam Education Department Contacts
Faye Mitchell, Education Manager – [email protected]
Lucetta George-Grant, Learning Facilitator – [email protected]
Debbie Point, Education Assistant [email protected]