The Musqueam Place Names Map is an interactive tool where you can:
- hear audio of our hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ language from Musqueam Elders past and present
- view historical photographs and see where they are located
- read and hear audio of the children’s place names book and follow the route of the story on the map
Read the walk through guide (pdf) to learn about the features of the Musqueam Place Names Map.
With support from community members, the Musqueam language and title and rights departments collaborated to:
- improve documentation of Musqueam’s oral history collection
- develop a place name children’s book
- utilize archival materials to create this multimedia interactive map highlighting hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ place names throughout Musqueam’s traditional territory
Contact [email protected] if you have questions, comments or requests about the map.
Please note: this map is currently under review and should not be considered final.
This web map is best viewed on the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE9 (and above) & Safari.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage Aboriginal Languages Initiative.
Nous reconnaissons l’appui financier du gouvernement du Canada par l’entremise du ministère du Patrimoine canadien initiative des langues autochtones.