- This event has passed.
Information Session: Willingdon Lands Master Plan
June 16, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Musqueam Indian Band members are invited to a community update on the Musqueam co-owned Willingdon Lands project.
The Willingdon Lands is a 40-acre site in Burnaby at Willingdon Ave and Canada Way undergoing a master planning process to design a new, mixed-use neighbourhood.
These lands are once again owned by Coast Salish peoples in perpetuity. The vision for the land is to design a contemporary Indigenized urban village. The investments and impacts of this project will have lasting benefits for the Musqueam and Tsleil-Waututh partner Nations.
Find out more and share your thoughts
The community update will share the project process, direction, and planning progress with the Musqueam community. This is also an opportunity to share your thoughts on:
- What does a “contemporary Indigenized urban village” look and feel like?
- How should the future Cultural Centre be used?
- How would you like to be involved in this project?
- What stories should be told on the land?
- How do you envision you and your family using this space?
How to register
Register for the sessions at the Zoom registration links below:
- Wednesday, June 16 at 7pm
Thursday, June 24 at 7pm
- Second session is postponed until further notice.