June 30, 2023
MUSQUEAM RESERVE NOTICE
The following fires are banned within Musqueam Reserve:
- Backyard fires (open fire): A fire bigger than 1’8″ (one foot, eight inches) in height and in width and is used by any person for recreational purpose, or by a First Nation for a ceremonial purpose
- Campfires (semi-closure): A fire bigger than 1’8″ (one foot, eight inches) in height and in width and is used by any person for recreational purpose
- River fires (open fire): Bigger than a backyard fire, close to a dry, grassy area
The only type of fire that is currently permitted is a controlled, propane fire-pit.
This fire ban is aligned with BC Wildfire Service‘s restrictions for the Coastal Fire Centre region of the province, which includes the Lower Mainland, Sea-to-Sky, Vancouver Island, Central Coast and Haida Gwaii areas of B.C.
July 4, 2023
Information Bulletin from BC Wildfire Service
Effective at noon Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, July 7, 2023, campfires will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre, except the Haida Gwaii Forest District. This prohibition is being enacted to help prevent human caused wildfires and protect public safety.
These prohibitions apply to all public and private land within the Coastal Fire Centre jurisdiction, unless specified otherwise in an enactment (e.g., in a local government bylaw). Always check with local government authorities to see if any other burning restrictions are in effect.
This prohibition will be in place until Tuesday, October 31, 2023, or until the order is rescinded.
View a map of the affected area.
On July 7, 2023 the below open fires are prohibited in the Coastal Fire Centre, with the exception of the Haida Gwaii Forest District where Category 1 campfires are still permitted:
- Category 1 campfires as defined in the Wildfire Regulation;
- Category 2 open fire as defined in the Wildfire Regulation; and,
- Category 3 open fire as defined in the Wildfire Regulation.
In addition to open fires being prohibited, the following activities and equipment are also restricted:
- Sky Lanterns;
- Burn Barrels or Burn Cages of any size or description;
- Binary Exploding Targets;
- Air curtain burners;
- Tiki and similar kind of torches; and,