- Dropping off census questionnaires at dwellings in a specified area and listing the address of each dwelling
- Conducting in-person interviews to obtain completed questionnaires
- Collecting census information from people living in collective dwellings (for example, hospitals, hotels, nursing homes and school residences)
- Contacting respondents by phone and in person to obtain completed questionnaires.
Period of employment
Start dates vary between April 29 and May 9, 2021. Start dates and length of employment will vary by assignment. End dates are undetermined at this point as the role is based on completion.
Rate of pay
Salaries range from $16.31 to $19.92 per hour, plus authorized expenses. Hourly rates vary depending on assignment and work location.
- Industrious, tactful, conscientious, reliable, energetic, and capable of exercising good judgement
- Willing to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Able to follow written instructions and read maps
- Experience dealing with people
- Strong computer skills
- 18 years of age or older prior to start of duties
- A Canadian citizen or eligible to work in Canada:
- As a permanent resident;
- On a work permit (temporary residents with a valid work permit, temporary residents with a study permit and valid work permit, refugees with a valid work permit); or
- With a visitor record clearly indicating authorization to work in Canada.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required in some areas.
- Hiring preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
If you have any questions or need help applying, please contact Krista Brisk at [email protected].