Christmas distribution 2023
This year’s Christmas distribution is on Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Authorization forms submitted by Tuesday, November 14 at 4:30pm are guaranteed payment on Nov. 30.
There are two forms. Band members only need to fill out ONE of the two forms (not both!).
- Form A: Individual Authorization
- Form B: Family Authorization
Distribution payments are made by direct deposit or cheque (mailed or picked up).
Forms are available in PDF fillable format, or as paper forms.
How to get forms
There are a few ways to receive PDF fillable forms:
- Forms are automatically emailed to band members who previously requested, received or submitted forms by email.
- If your email address hasn’t changed, you will receive forms the week of November 6.
- If you’ve never received or submitted your forms by email, contact Krista Point, Distribution Clerk, [email protected], to request the digital forms by email.
- If a family member or friend has received the forms by email, they can forward them to you.
There are a few ways to receive paper forms:
- Paper forms are delivered with the newsletter to Musqueam Reserve households on Friday, Nov. 3 and Friday, Nov. 10.
- Forms can be picked up from the band office (6735 Salish Drive) during regular office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Paper forms are automatically mailed to band members who live away from home (off reserve) if they have requested or received previous distribution forms by mail.
- Forms are NOT automatically mailed to all off reserve band members. If you’d like paper forms mailed, please contact Krista Point, Distribution Clerk, [email protected].
- If you received April’s distribution forms by mail, you will receive them again by mail.
About authorization forms
All members must complete ONE of these two distribution forms:
Individual Authorization (Form A)
This 1-page form is for Musqueam members (aged 19 or over) to authorize their personal distribution payment by direct deposit or cheque.
If you are also authorizing your Musqueam child(ren)’s payment, you don’t need to complete form A.
Family Authorization (Form B)
This 3-page form is for Musqueam members (aged 19 or older) who are the parent or guardian of a Musqueam minor. It authorizes an adult’s personal distribution payment AND the distribution payment of Musqueam minors.
This form is also for non-Musqueam parents or guardians of Musqueam children to authorize distribution payment of Musqueam minors.
Form B1: Individual Authorization
- Must be completed by ALL parents or guardians of Musqueam children.
- If you are a Musqueam member, Form B1 replaces Form A.
Form B2: Guardian’s Acknowledgement – Children’s Property
- Where parents or guardians list their child(ren) and confirm payment authorization on behalf of their child(ren).
How to submit forms
Submit PDF (digital) forms
- Email completed form to Krista Point, Distribution Clerk, [email protected]
Submit paper forms
- Drop off to the band office reception during regular operating hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Do not leave it in the social assistance mailbox!
- Take a photo, or scan, and email to Krista Point, Distribution Clerk, [email protected]
- Deadline for newborn registered with the membership registrar for eligibility to receive Christmas distribution is November 14. Please contact Karen R. Campbell in membership: [email protected]
- If your mailing address or primary email address has changed since April distribution:
- Please directly notify Krista Point, Distribution Clerk, [email protected] when you request or submit your forms
- Forms submitted after November 14 cannot guarantee a payment on November 30. Late submissions are processed after the initial payments are processed, and are mailed or delivered after November 30.
- Correction to Elder distribution amount: There was an error in the notices delivered to on-reserve households on Nov. 3. The correct payment for Elders is $50.
Still have questions?
Contact Krista Point, Distribution Clerk
Email: [email protected]
Or call the main line (604-263-3261) and ask for Krista