Due to a loss in our community, the survey launch is postponed to Thursday, August 20. The information session this Wednesday, August 19 is cancelled. More information on next week’s info session (Wednesday, August 26) will be announced on August 20.
In June, the Multi-Family Affordable Rental Housing project team released an update announcing:
- Musqueam Capital Corporation (MCC) is the new project manager;
- Aquilini Development hired to design and construct; and,
- Urban Arts Architecture selected to design the project.
Since then, the name of the project changed to Musqueam Community Rental Complex (MCRC). This new name better reflect who the project will house and how the space will be used.
The project recently reached a planning milestone. Next week, we are excited to share three conceptual designs for the site layout created by Urban Arts in consultation with the project team. To hear your input on the concepts, there will be a survey open from August
17 20 – 31.
Upcoming Engagement Opportunity
Two ways to learn about site layout concepts
- Online — All information will be on the MIB website, including pre-recorded presentations.
- Live Information Sessions (online and in person)
Wednesday, August 19 at 6pm & Wednesday, August 26 at 6pm
- Two information sessions for members who prefer a live presentation and to ask questions.
- Live streamed on Zoom. Limited in-person availability for those living on reserve.
- Registration links available soon.
- MIB’s COVID-19 in-person meeting procedures apply and pre-registration is required.
Complete the survey
After watching the presentation videos or attending an info session, you can complete the online survey. Paper copies available at information sessions or by request (email mcrc[@]musqueam.bc.ca).
MORE INFORMATION TO COME NEXT WEEK.
The survey closes on August 31. After this, the project team will review feedback and provide a report for Council to review in September. Community can expect an update on which conceptual design Council selected and project next steps. Through COVID-19, we want to find new ways to share information. There is more reliance on online tools, with safe in-person sessions when appropriate.
More about the survey and information sessions will be released on
Monday August 17 Thursday, August 20, 2020.
MCRC Quick Facts
- The Musqueam Community Rental Complex will be located at Lot 95 Crown Place and owned and operated by the Musqueam Housing Authority (MHA), a not-for-profit society mandated to provide safe and affordable housing for MIB members.
- This project presents a unique opportunity to leverage over $15 million in external funding to help address critical housing needs
- Addresses Musqueam’s #2 CCP Objective “Addressing Our Housing Needs,” which includes Actions 4) Build Member Housing and 5) Build Higher Density Housing
- The project creates up to 74 affordable rental units, housing approximately 200 members and their families, and will have a new childcare facility
- Three in-person community information sessions were held in spring and summer of 2019, with a high level of member engagement
Want to stay informed?
- Email mcrc[@]musqueam.bc.ca to be added to the contact list
Note: this email address changed.
- Watch for updates on the blog and Musqueam Facebook Page